Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Modifying The Spigot

I am modifying the other end of the spigot so I can put a little more gravel above the spigot level. So I ordered Spears 808 Series PVC Pipe Fitting, 90 Degree Elbow, Schedule 80, 3/8" NPT Female and a

Spears 88 Series PVC Pipe Fitting, Nipple, Schedule 80, Gray, 3/8" NPT Male, 2-1/2" Length piece. 


You can see what they look like in the picture above and links for them. Make sure you pick the right size. I went to Lowe's but they did not have 3/8" size. But there was a very nice employee that helped me figure out just what I needed for this project. 

Then I have one of these to put on the end of the straight piece so when you use the spigot for partial water changes you don't hurt the betta or the few shrimp that will be in the 2 gallon tank. I will sew up the end with fishing line to close up the hole. 

Now I am waiting on one more piece to come in before I want to put these pieces together. The air powered sponge filter. Everything was Amazon Prime but that item and my Penn Plax Floating Aquarium Thermometer was broken. 

I will post a picture of this step when I am finished before I add anything else to the betta tank. Fixing this is making me want to get my 20 gallon going but have to wait on that. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative